Derris is looking for an intern who is motivated and a self-starter. The firm focuses on consumer/digital and issues/crisis public relations and strategic communications. Interns have the opportunity to work closely with their team to build a strong skill set in one area of PR, while also having access to all three capabilities here at Derris. We want our interns to have the best experience possible and therefore invite them to listen in on calls, observe important meetings and attend office events.
- Organizing incoming media and information in the form of magazines, newspapers and more
- Building/updating/organizing media lists
- Clipping/archiving articles in print and online formats
- Media monitoring – following social media sites for specified topics/trends
- Assisting team members in pitching stories to media contacts and making follow up calls
- Assisting directors in preparation for proposal meetings, shoots, interviews and events
- Attending company brainstorms
- Joining calls with clients and interviews with reporters
- Drafting op-eds, contributor posts, talking points, pitches and client bios
We are looking for a motivated student with an interest in PR and communications strategy.
**Internship is unpaid, and can be used for college credit.