Account Supervisor - Brand Strategy & Lifestyle
Derris is a full-service brand strategy and public relations agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
About the Position
The Account Supervisor is responsible for the leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients in the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle division. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable leading account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture and leadership, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth.
- Lead client calls and meetings
- Attend client strategy sessions and spearhead account planning
- Serve as main client contact for strategy, large features and sensitive matters
- Exhibit professionalism
- Cultivate and maintain strong media relationships
- Staff client interviews as needed
- Pitch high-priority media as needed
- Contribute to division and company leadership
- Participate in new business meetings
- Communicate priorities and issues for company leadership
- Manage team morale and oversee junior staff workloads
- Invest in the growth of fellow team members
- 5 – 8 years public relations experience
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Detail oriented; must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict guidelines
- Experience managing junior and senior level staff
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flat Iron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.