Derris is a full-service brand strategy and communications agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
We are looking for a seasoned Account Supervisor to be responsible for the leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients in the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle division. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable leading account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture and leadership, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth.
About the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle Team
Our team helps build great brands across the lifestyle space, including food, fashion, health & wellness, home & hospitality, beauty & grooming. We work with both new and established companies to define stories that stand out in cluttered industries. We develop unique narratives and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of our clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Reformation, Everlane, Crate & Barrel, CB2, Theory, Aesop, and Harry’s.
- Lead the team within client strategy sessions, spearheading account planning.
- Serve as main client contact for strategic, sensitive and crisis needs.
- Maintain strong media relationships, and engage in strategic, high-priority pitching as needed.
- Guide junior staff members and edit and oversee all client press materials.
- Actively engaged and involved in developing team morale, managing workloads, team growth, and contributing to the division and company leadership as a whole.
- Participate in new business meetings as called upon by executive staff.
- Constant communication of priorities and issues to company leadership.
- Act as the problem solver for your team, while driving results forward and maintaining a solutions-oriented mind set.
- 5-8 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Experience establishing and maintaining positive client relationships, along with relationships with the media
- Well-versed in developing and executing strategic plans, alongside extensive media relations experience with high-priority pitching.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Comfortable working across a variety of fields and clients
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.