Senior Account Executive - Fashion PR
Derris is a full-service brand strategy and public relations agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
About the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle Team
Our team helps build great brands across the lifestyle space, including food, fashion, health & wellness, home & hospitality, beauty & grooming. We work with both new and established companies to define stories that stand out in cluttered industries. We develop unique narratives and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. Some of our clients include Reformation, Everlane, Warby Parker, La Ligne, Aesop, SoulCycle, Theory and The Wing.
About the Position
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for ensuring the tactical execution on accounts while playing a key role in strategic planning across a variety of fashion clients in the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle division. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth.
- Serve as day-to-day client lead
- Lead client calls and meetings
- Exhibit professionalism
- Expert in tactical execution with a key role in strategic planning
- Adept at pitching media across broadcast, print and online
- Ability to focus on feature and high-priority pitching
- Cultivates and maintains strong media relationships, especially with features and news reporters at key fashion publications
- Oversees the team in product placement efforts and sample trafficking
- Staff client interviews as needed
- Proficient at drafting all client materials, including messaging and strategy documents
- Communicate priorities and issues for team leaders
- Delegate account projects to junior staff
- Provide ongoing performance feedback to junior staff
- Invest in the growth of fellow team members
- 4-6 years of experience working in fashion PR
- Deep understanding of and passion for the fashion industry and the fashion/lifestyle media landscape
- Knowledge of sampling, product placement and fashion news
- Possess innovative, creative thinking that builds brand equity and shows value to clients
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Ability to be comfortable working with account teams with several team members
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Detail oriented; must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict guidelines
- Experience managing junior level staff
- Agency experience strongly preferred
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flat Iron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.