Account Executive - Strategic Communications
Derris is a full-service brand strategy and public relations agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
About our Strategic Communications Team
The power of Strategic Communications lies in its ability to build brands across a wide variety of industries. While we specialize in traditional media relations, including corporate communications, crisis and reputation management, we have a deep and established knowledge in sports, venture capital, technology and non-profit, and domain expertise in newly disrupted fields including health insurance, finance and real estate. We are proud to work with pre-launch and public companies alike.
About the Position
The Account Executive is responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical execution on accounts while also learning strategic planning across a variety of clients in the Strategic Communications division. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable working with account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture.
- Serve as day-to-day tactical lead for clients
- Develop relationship and rapport with clients
- Engage regularly during client calls and meetings
- Respond to and proactively send client communications
- Exhibit professionalism
- Possess a strong sense of tactical execution, while learning strategic planning
- Lead pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Cultivates and maintains strong media relationships
- Staff client interviews as needed
- Skilled at drafting client materials, including talking points, prep docs and press releases
- Adhere to deadlines and delivers work on time
- Learn management skills through oversight of junior members of the team
- Communicate effectively, both internally and externally, across accounts
- Manages time well and proactively initiates ownership of projects
- 2 – 4 years of public relations experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict deadlines
- Comfortable working across fields
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flat Iron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.