Derris is a full-service brand strategy and public relations agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
We are looking for an Account Executive that will be responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical execution on accounts while also learning strategic planning across a variety of clients in the Strategic Communications division. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable working with account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture.
About the Strategic Communications Team
The power of Strategic Communications lies in its ability to build brands across a wide variety of industries. We specialize in media relations, including corporate communications, crisis and reputation management, as well as brand strategy and positioning. We have a deep and established knowledge in technology, venture capital, sports, non-profit, health insurance, finance and real estate, among others. We are proud to work with pre-launch and public companies alike.
- Serve as day-to-day tactical lead for clients, including both internal and external client calls and meetings
- Possess a strong sense of tactical execution, while learning strategic planning
- Lead pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Cultivates and maintains strong media relationships
- Skilled at drafting media and client-facing materials, including pitches, talking points, prep docs and press releases
- Adhere to deadlines and deliver work on time
- Learn management skills through oversight of junior members of the team
- Communicate effectively, both internally and externally, across accounts
- Manage time well and proactively; initiate ownership of projects
- 2-4 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of media relations experience
- Experience within developing client relationships
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Ability to write stylistically and shift writing styles based on client deliverables & internal meetings
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Must exhibit professionalism with clients and internal staff at all times
- Comfortable working across industries
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the FlatIron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.