Derris is a full-service brand strategy and communications agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and proactive Executive Assistant to work directly with the our two Executive Vice President’s on a daily basis. As an integral part of our collaborative and inclusive environment, your duties will range from maintaining an executive calendar, coordinating client meetings, to liaising with our staff on the daily activities of Derris. We work by a set of core values: the team comes first, think big and work smart, be respectful and honest, and remember to have a little fun!
If you think this sounds like you, and an environment you would thrive in, keep reading.
- Management of Executive Vice President’s calendars and daily meetings.
- Maintain their expense reports and other administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Book and coordinate EVP’s travel arrangements such as flights, hotels, rental cars, etc. as needed.
- Organize a large volume of inquiries and requests from internal staff, as well as external clients and executives and prioritize appropriately.
- Have a pulse on the activity within the agency to inform the EVP’s on the relevant happenings with the staff, business, and organization as a whole.
- Develop a proactive outreach to schedule necessary meetings, initiate follow-up’s, and important reminders.
- Approach each situation with a solutions-oriented mindset, no task is too big or too small.
- Become ingrained in our culture and contribute to our environment in a positive, and collaborative way.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting at least 1 or more executive level employees within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience within a Public Relations agency setting, or similar organization, such as marketing, advertising, or other related industries preferred.
- Proven track record of juggling multiple administrative tasks with success, while maintaining a highly organized desk.
- Ability to maintain a professional yet approachable demeanor while dealing with all levels of staff within a company.
- Ability to handle confidential, proprietary, and personal information with the utmost professionalism.
- Ability to recognize when problems should be managed up, and how to handle various tasks in the appropriate manner.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks and manage time well.
- Always maintain a friendly, collaborative, and approachable demeanor.
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.