Internship - Content Team - Spring 2018
Derris is a full-service brand strategy and public relations agency headquartered in New York City.
If you are a current student who loves creative learning, the Internet, and would like to gain applicable experience across all sorts of media, this might be your thing.
Derris is looking for dynamic self-starters to join our growing Content Team as part of our Winter 2018 Unpaid Internship program. As part of our creative division, you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects across a super-wide range of clients and engage with multiple areas of the business. In addition to absorbing day-to-day life at a high-growth company, you’ll leave with a polished portfolio to compliment your studies. It’s a guaranteed opportunity to grow and learn every hour. (We jokingly call it Content Business School.) Interested?
- Be a research ninja, owning briefing background documents to build the foundation of our strategies.
- Keep projects moving by learning to prepare for proposals, structure memos, pitches, and account organization.
- Join calls with clients, brainstorms with the staff, and intersect with the leadership team
- Gain experience across a big bisection of industries: tech, lifestyle, nonprofit, food, crisis, financial, design and home, travel
- Learn from the incredible PR folks here but not be doing PR.
- Never do the same thing twice—promise.
- A great communicator in all ways, professional to a tee. Full stop.
- Extremely detail-oriented; a lover of deadlines, multitasking, organizing, systems, lists…you get it.
- Current and curious about social platforms and content trends.
- Ideally a junior or senior, but we consider all levels.
The Internship Program Details
Compensation: Unpaid, eligible for related college credit
Location: 48 W 25th St., Floor 11, New York, NY
Duration: Beginning of February to April/May; flexible based on class schedule
Hours: Standard hours are 10:00 am – 5:00 pm; flexible based on class schedule, max of 25 hrs/week