Derris is a full-service brand strategy and communications agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution.
We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
We are looking for a seasoned Account Executive to join the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle division. Our team helps build great brands across the lifestyle space, including food, fashion, health & wellness, home & hospitality, beauty & grooming. We work with both new and established companies to define stories that stand out in cluttered industries. We develop unique narratives and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling.
About the Position
The Account Executive is responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical execution on accounts while also learning strategic planning across a variety of clients in the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle division. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable working with account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture.
- Serve as day-to-day tactical lead for clients
- Develop relationship and rapport with clients
- Engage regularly during client calls and meetings
- Respond to and proactively send client communications
- Exhibit professionalism
- Possess a strong sense of tactical execution, while learning strategic planning
- Lead pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Cultivates and maintains strong media relationships
- Staff client interviews as needed
- Skilled at drafting client materials, including talking points, prep docs and press releases
- Experience pitching consumer media
- Adhere to deadlines and delivers work on time
- Learn management skills through oversight of junior members of the team
- Communicate effectively, both internally and externally, across accounts
- Manages time well and proactively initiates ownership of projects
- 2 – 4 years of public relations experience
- Agency experience preferred, particularly with a variety of clients across brand & lifestyle products
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability leading, executing, and juggling media relations across a variety of industries
- Ability to think strategically as it relates to your client’s work, with a desire to grow further into this skill set
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict deadlines
- Comfortable working across fields