Assistant Account Executive
Derris is a full-service brand strategy and communications agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
We are seeking an Assistant Account Executive to join the Strategic Communications division. We work with some of the most innovative companies within various disciplines.
About the Strategic Communications Team
The power of Strategic Communications lies in its ability to build brands across a wide variety of industries. We specialize in media relations, including corporate communications, crisis and reputation management, as well as brand strategy and positioning. We have a deep and established knowledge in technology, venture capital, sports, non-profit, health insurance, finance and real estate, among others. We are proud to work with pre-launch and public companies alike.
- Manage, track, and update the day-to-day client tasks within your respective teams.
- Respond to all client requests and team needs in a timely and respectful manner.
- Effectively develop a wide range of materials such as press releases, fact sheets, client correspondence, reports, and others as assigned.
- Organize and maintain relevant team files such as reports, contracts, project estimates, and competitive activity.
- Assist the team in executing all relevant client events, media events, press conferences, tours, interviews, etc.
- Begin to develop a list of media contacts.
- Conduct appropriate research to pitch targeted media contacts.
- Ability to conduct appropriate research on client executives, conferences, and trending topics and summarize into presentable reports.
- Monitor and advise senior team members on status of projects, due dates, and necessary developments.
- Coordinate all aspects of moving projects along with your team.
- Manage our internship program and provide mentorship for junior-level staff.
- Demonstrate our core values as a continual team player with hustle.
- Have an unending desire to increase your knowledge and expertise in the industry, you are consistently consuming media for this very purpose.
- 1-2 years experience within a Public Relations role (internship experience included).
- Ability to juggle multiple accounts and competing priorities successfully.
- Strong time management skills.
- The drive to stretch your skills across industry verticals.
- A pulse on the industry, trends, and a constant desire to consume media in the appropriate fields.
- Ability to identify when to manage problems up to the appropriate team members.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Detail oriented, must be able to work with multiple clients and meet strict deadlines.
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.