Senior Account Executive
Derris is a full-service brand strategy and communications agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
We are looking for an experience Senior Account Executive that will be responsible for ensuring the tactical execution on accounts while playing a key role in strategic planning across a variety of clients in the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle division. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable working with account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth.
About the Brand Strategy & Lifestyle Team
Our team helps build great brands across the lifestyle space, including food, fashion, health & wellness, home & hospitality, beauty & grooming. We work with both new and established companies to define stories that stand out in cluttered industries. We develop unique narratives and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling. A few of our clients on our roster include: Warby Parker, Reformation, Everlane, Crate & Barrel, CB2, Theory, Aesop, and Harry’s.
- Lead client relationships and day to day contact alongside senior members of the team
- Set the tone for client meetings, while driving the projects forward, both internal and external
- Expert in tactical execution with a key role in strategic planning for your accounts.
- Adept at pitching media across broadcast, print and online, with the ability to focus on feature and high-priority pitching.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain strong media relationships.
- Proficient at drafting all client materials, including messaging and strategy documents
- Management and investment of junior level staff, giving appropriate feedback to team members and delegating account projects appropriately
- Manage up as well as down, constantly communicating priorities and issues for team leaders.
- Maintain strong attention to deadlines, ensuring all projects are executed on time.
- 4-7 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Proven track record pitching across a variety of mediums, with a focus on strategic media relations and results.
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented, organized, while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Experience with daily management of junior level staff members.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple clients and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work across fields.
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.