Derris is a full-service brand strategy and public relations agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
The Account Supervisor is responsible for the leadership and strategic planning across a variety of clients in the Strategic Communications division. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable leading account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture and leadership, as well as teaching our junior staff and investing in their growth.
About our Strategic Communications Team
The power of Strategic Communications lies in its ability to build brands across a wide variety of industries. While we specialize in traditional media relations, including corporate communications, crisis and reputation management, we have a deep and established knowledge in sports, venture capital, technology and non-profit, and domain expertise in newly disrupted fields including health insurance, finance and real estate. We are proud to work with pre-launch and public companies alike.
- Lead the team within client strategy sessions, spearheading account planning.
- Serve as main client contact for strategic, sensitive and crisis needs.
- Maintain strong media relationships, and engage in strategic, high-priority pitching as needed.
- Guide junior staff members and edit and oversee all client press materials.
- Actively engaged and involved in developing team morale, managing workloads, team growth, and contributing to the division and company leadership as a whole.
- Participate in new business meetings as called upon by executive staff.
- Constant communication of priorities and issues to company leadership.
- Act as the problem solver for your team, while driving results forward and maintaining a solutions-oriented mind set.
- 5-8 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Experience establishing and maintaining positive client relationships, along with relationships with the media
- Well-versed in developing and executing strategic plans, alongside extensive media relations experience with high-priority pitching.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Comfortable working across a variety of fields and clients
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.